Sunday 27 November 2011

TEMPORARY:SECRETARY

Shopping for accessories in high street stores, such as New Look and H&M, has often left me feeling unsatisfied; all the jewellery seems to be generic and uninteresting. Very rarely will I spot something unique and quirky that stands out from the crowd. So when I was browsing online one day and came across an English breakfast ring (yes it has bacon, eggs...the lot) I knew I had to find out where this eccentric and unconventional ring came from.



It did not take my long to find out that it belonged to Temporary:Secretary and when I began searching through their website I fell in love. There are lots of idiosyncratic accessories to choose from as well as more toned down and elegant pieces that are still nonetheless very fashionable. However, the pieces all have one thing in common; they are inspired by the element of fun. I truly think that this is what makes Temporary:Secretary different from high street stores. Retail shops pride their designs on fashion trends and celebrity spots, whereas this websites designs their creations around the sheer joy they will bring. Whether it is geek glass on a necklace or your breakfast on a ring, there is a surprise for everyone.

But don't be fooled... this is no joke shop! Everything they sell is extremely fashionable and most importantly wearable. Their products last a long time and all their pieces are handmade adding that extra personal touch. Each accessory adds a further element of personality to your outfit. There is a lot to be said about a person by their jewellery and Temporary:Secretary's creator certainly believes that: "It is part of fashion and fashion is about expressing who you are. We have a few camera related products for those who want to show that they are a fan of photography. There are also sewing machine necklaces for girls who are fashion students of seamstresses. And miniature tea cups for anyone who loves a nice cuppa."

With all of these great products the problem obviously comes when deciding what to buy. After browsing the website for at least an hour I decided that I wanted to buy everything. Thankfully I came across the "lucky dip" option; 12 items for £20 and your guaranteed that the items you receive will total a worth of at least £50. I do not know what was more exciting; the accessories themselves or the anticipation of waiting to receive my package and see what I got. Needless to say - I was not disappointed.

Here are some picks from the website...

Good enough to wear, good enough to eat. What girl doesn't love cupcakes? This hot pink ring is sure enough to attract attention. £4.00.

Tick tock, tick tock. These earrings may not be able to tell the time but they sure do look cute. £7.00.

Here it is... the English breakfast ring. I wonder if it is as tasty as it looks? Best not to find out. £14.00.
These earrings prove that Temporary:Secretary are ahead of the fashion game. Dominatrix mixed with rock chick mixed with an accessory favourite of the moment; owls. £6.95.
Release your inner geeky side with this fun unisex necklace. £12.00.

www.temporary-secretary.com


No comments:

Post a Comment